Friday, October 10, 2008

Sunset in October

So it's fall break and I am sitting in a beautiful house at Sunset Beach with my family. This break could not have come at a better time!!! I was extremely exhausted and needed a break and time to spend with my entire family. Mom and Dad and Paul came to our apartment last night and stayed the night. Just having them there makes things feel so different and I love it. It makes me miss the Old Garden Road. Anyways, they came around 7 last night and mom brought me lots of fall/halloween decorations for the Halloween Party. I am super excited to get everything set up and ready for my little get together. She also brought my an anniversary present from my Memaw and Papaw. When I opened it, I about fell out on the floor. My Memaw made Samuel and I stockings!!! Now a lot of people might not appreciate this, but I was competely shocked. You see, all the stockings for our family were knitted by her and when Samuel and I got married, it stunk having a random stocking on our mantel for him. Mom asked Memaw to make one and instead she made me another one and one for him to use in our own home. My word she is an amazing woman. Things like that make me miss living at home and being around my family. I realize, being away and older, that I never understood how blessed I wasa to be so close to my family. Just as Samuel says, "I grew up in candy land!" It was a child's dream to live there......

But back to the beach... we are down here for the weekend and mom found a gorgeous three bedroom house! We are getting ready to go to the Boundary House for dinner which is one of my favorite places to eat. As for the rest of the weekend, we are just going to relax on the beach and watch football. It is kind of wierd being here during football season and having games on while you are at the beach. But this is the most beautiful time of the year to be here... the weather is not too hot, not too cold and it isn't crowded.. and besides, its one of my favorite beaches (besides the Carribbean, which can't be beat!)

No comments: