Sunday, March 29, 2009

March Madness

So I have been thinking quite a bit the past few days about how ready I am for spring break. Most everyone, at this point, has had spring break because colleges do it much earlier. As for me, I still have a week and two days. Nonetheless, I am counting down each day until a few days off and getting to sleep late.

Today was a great day though. We got to go to church and luckily, it was the 5th Sunday and therefore had a big Sunday school meeting which iincluded the youth teaching our class. That meant a break for a week. Don't get me wrong, we have some absolutely precious children in our class. Completely adorable ones. But we also have some that are quite a challenge. Let's just say that if I hear the words, "Doo Doo Jesus" or "Poo Poo Jesus" one more time from a four year old, I am going to scream. I will say no more about that. Anyways, when we got home from church, I immediatly went to change into the thing I could find that was closest to the Oklahoma Sooner's color. What did I end up with? A Virginia Tech shirt. ha ha ha. Samuel came out wearing a Carolina blue shirt claiming that every team he pulls for ends up sucking. (Atlanta Braves, NC State, the Redskins) He proceeded to cheer for the Tar Heels in hopes of them losing. Didn't quite work out the way we had hoped.

After watching a little basketball, cleaning the bathroom, and doing some dishes, I sat down in our new recliner and took a little nap. Now normally my Sunday afternoon naps range from 2-3 hours. Since we had friends over for dinner tonight, it only lasted about 30. Kind of bummed. Anyways, that leads me to the latest buy we have made. Our recliner. We had a nasty, ugly chair that we had given to us in our living room. Every once in a while you would sit in it and get a nice big whiff of something that reminded me of rotten meat. I could only tell that it came from the little skirt around the bottom which seemed to have a few stains on it. Well after a bottle of Febreeze and dealing with it for a year and half, AND finding mouse terds all in it, we decided it was time to bid farewell. Hence the new recliner. It is the greatest chair I've ever sat in. I also love it because it was cheap... we found it at the BL. Big Lots! All in all, we are pretty excited about it. We figure when we build a house, it will be a great piece of furniture to go in Samuel's "man room."

Anyways, 7 days of school to go.... 7 days..... I can make it

No comments: